Friday, December 4, 2009

Colorado Springs Dec. 2009

Well here we are a year later. My mom left one year ago for her tour in Iraq and now is home safe and sound. We were so happy we were able to go to Colorado Springs again to be there for her arrival. It was a long wait and very hard to find her in the mosh of cameo, but once we did we felt relief to have her in our arms again.


We spent the days playing with Oma and enjoying the cold weather. We stayed in a hotel on post so every opportunity we had to play we took it. The walls of the hotel were closing in on us fast. We played with a little boy, who was also stay in the hotel and played at the little park.


Then we went to Castle Rock to visit my cousin from California. Her and her family moved there a few years ago so every time we go to visit my mom we always make a point to visit Katie. This year we spent the time preparing her for the arrival of her twin babies. I gave her all the advise I have and I'm not sure that will be enough. I am so excited that my closest cousin will be having twin just like I did. The babies enjoyed being in a new place and playing with all of Cousin Lauren's toys. We will be sad when my mom no longer lives in Co. Visiting Katie and her family will be much harder.
Katie had this jumper out so I had to put Luke in it. As most of you will remember he loved playing in his when he was smaller, and he loved it once again. He cried and cried when I took him out, which is right when we took the group pics.
We really enjoyed our trip and look forward to visiting Colorado again soon. The babies did very well on the long drive to and from. They didn't not do as well at the hotel or sleeping at night, but it was all well worth it.

No comments: