Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Really!?! 21 Months-already

Carter singing with Daddy

We have made it 21 months and are thriving more than ever. Carter is so smart he amazes me everyday. He is repeating most words and starting to point out letters and numbers. Not the actual letter, but the fact that it is a letter or number. Most letters are O and A and all numbers are 2. Each evening we point to the letters of his name on the wall above his crib and he will repeat most of them after us. He loves to sing and play with his toys. Carter is what you would call 'strong willed'. When he doesn't get his way or isn't happy about something he is experimenting with his emotions and having a few tantrums. We are still working with this one and I hope we are able to get this under control before it's out of hand.

Luke saying hi to his own reflection

Luke is my sweet baby boy. Carter always points at him, looks at me and says 'baby baby' and I say 'yes, he's our baby'. I'm not sure how this will go over later on, but for now it's cute. Luke is so gentle and such a cuddle bug. His vocabulary has really increased in the past few weeks, he loves to eat and he really LOVES Elmo. He too is pointing out letters and he is starting to tell me when he is pee peeing (only when he is in the bath or right when he gets out). I sat him on the potty a few times this evening and he really seemed to know what he needed to do, but he had already peed on the floor so I guess he didn't have anything left to put in the potty. I think it's time to get a little potty.

As I always say, I am so blessed to have these two babies given to me. I couldn't imagine my life without either one of them. I am so happy to finally have my family I have waited so long for. Enjoy the sweet videos.

No comments: