Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Daddy's little helpers

Carter says hi
I'm not sure 'helpers' is the right word, but Luke and Carter are always interested in being a part of whatever it is Jeff and I are doing.  We try to teach and encourage them to help us.  I'm not sure if it is just my children or that they are only 2, but help isn't what they are doing most of the time.  I call it getting in the way and creating more of a mess.  I guess that is just part of the learning curve when you are a toddler.  Whatever it may be, we always enjoy showing them new things and watching them reenact our actions. 

Luke cleaning up after Daddy
A quick update on our new addition.  We haven't been able to work on it much lately so instead of enjoying our last summer holiday weekend we spent ours working on our new room.  I am very excited with the progress we made in 3 days with only one small (huge) setback.  Jeff rented a saw to cut the concrete and little did we know one small cut would create such a huge mess.  Our entire house was covered in what seemed like a foot of cement dust.  They tried to build a barrier to keep the dust from the rest of the house, but unfortunately that didn't work to well.  So, instead of spending my Saturday painting, I spent it dusting (not sure which one is worse).  We felt we had most of the dust cleaned when we went to bed only to wake up to a new layer of dust covering our entire house.  I guess we stirred it up more than cleaned it.  We are now on a good track to hopefully finishing the room soon.  I will post more pics as we get more exciting things done besides cement dust. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean...today G and I baked cookies and I let him help. It took me an hour to clean up the kitchen due to his "helping". Even the dog was covered in flour:) None the less, it makes for good memories:)