Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Mr. Mom

Each week is different as to who is home with the babies.  We are on a three week rotation (only because that is Jeff's work schedule).  I always work Mon, Tue, Wed, but his schedule changes.  On the days we are both at work the babies go to their Mamaw's, otherwise they are home with one of us or on lucky days they get both of us.  This week Jeff was off on Monday and Tuesday so he was in charge those two days.  I think he ran laps around me with his Mr. Mom duties.  When I got home Monday evening they were all playing outside and happy as can be.  That day they had already been to the boat shop, park, napped and ate wonderfully.  I took off for my run and by the time returned they had already been bathed and fed.  Come Tuesday evening they had gone to get the boat from the shop, took it to the lake, had hair cuts (yes, daddy attempted that one alone and of course was successful), ate great all day, napped, played outside, had baths and dinner all by the time I returned from work and running.  Jeff had also gotten a few things done around the house.  It was so nice to come home to clean babies and all I had to do is play and read to them.  Since he is so much better than me at being a SAHD, I think I should go full time and pass all the home duties over to him :).  For some reason I don't think either he nor I would like that idea.  We are very lucky to have such a middle ground with our time and work.  I am thankful!!!





3 comments:

Unknown said...

He's a great Dad - How is it they can accomplish so much with the same 8-10 hours we have? I can't imagine not having the hubby's help. Must be why Zane and Jeff get along so well:) Way to go, JEFF!

CJAS said...

Jeff and you make a wonderful team!! I always enjoy reading your blog posts ! Way to go!! The boys are getting so big and they're so happy;)

♥ Sarah ♥ said...

What a wonderful husband and father!!!