Thursday, January 13, 2011

Strider Bikers

This fall we have really been getting a lot of use out of our strider bikes.  We practiced all summer in the house then we put our new skills to the test outside.  Although it took some time, they are now getting much faster, going down hills, lifting their feet when gliding and can make their way up most hills.  We are still working on the helmet part.  I told myself that the helmet goes with the bike and if they wanted to ride the bike, the helmet is a must.  Somewhere between here and there that went out the window.  Luke usually is OK to put his on, but I can't get the thing near Carter's head.  I will defiantly have to get this situation resolved before we go to a busy park or move up to bigger bikes.  My advise to mom's of younger children (mainly those who have strong willed ones) the helmet and bike go together from the very beginning--No if's, and's or but's.  One day I will figure this one out, not only for bikes but all things!! 
Here are a few videos of my sweet babies showing off some of their awesome new stunts.  


2 comments:

Melissa said...

sooo cute!!! I want one! haha I cant wait to get one of those bikes that connects to the back of my bike so he can ride with me places!!!

CJAS said...

We should meet at the park when the weather gets better and have a strider bike playdate :) the boys are doing so great ! hope to see you soon !