Saturday, February 27, 2010

Cowtown Marathon 2010


First of all let me correct the title. I ran a half marathon not the actual marathon. I have ran a few marathons in my life and not sure I will ever do that again. The half seems like just the perfect distance.

Once again, in my desperate desire to loss weight, I choose to train for a half marathon. I have ran several 5k's, a 10k at the Turkey Trot and I was part of a marathon relay in December (running only 6 miles). The Cowtown Marathon is a huge event here in Fort Worth so of course I wanted to participate in it. Since I had already ran a few 10k's latley, my best jogging partner and I decided it was time to tackle the 13.1 miles again. We trained together every Saturday morning, freezing or not, and also once during the week. I crossed trained with Stroller Strides and a little running on my own. I guess it was enough, cause I made the 13.1 miles successfully.

We plan on running another one next month and well, maybe Jocie can talk me into another marathon. We'll see!!

5 comments:

Lesli said...

You rock!! You weren't pushing the boys too were you??

jocalyn said...

I'm so proud of you! Sorry I had to bail... but there will be more!! Thanks for understanding.

CJAS said...

What an accomplishment ! I am so proud of you !
Congrats to you :) you look beautiful !!

TwinsRock08 said...

Thanks ladies. No Lesli, I didn't push them. NO WAY!!! They were there as my biggest fans, along with my mom and Jeff.

Brigid said...

Congratulations Jill! I know it is not easy to find time to get in those long runs when you have kids...they should give out medals just for that! Have you made a decision on when you are coming out for Grandma's birthday? The America's Finest City 1/2 is 8/15 and is an awesome course starting up by Ft. Rosecrans (where Grandpa is burried) and ends in downtown SD...maybe if you will still be in town that weekend we can do that one together?
http://www.afchalf.com/