Monday, August 16, 2010

Life's a Beach (California 2010)

We are home and finally getting back into routine.  We had another successful vacation as a family of four.  Traveling is much different now with kids.  Much more stress, much more fun and much more junk!!!  You would have thought we were moving by the sight of us in the airport.  I really tried to pack lightly, but you know how that goes, even without children. 

Waiting on our plane
The reason for our trip was to celebrate my grandmother's 90th Birthday (and to get a break from this heat).  Along with a wonderful ocean side party for my grandmother, we also had a little to do for L&C's b-day, went to the beach a few times, visited my grandfather's burial site, hit up just about every park in town, played with all our second cousins and slept like babies (including myself).  I'm not sure if it was the fresh air or just pure exhaustion, but I think the babies were asleep more there than they were awake. 
Luke with two of his second cousins
Grandma with all her girls
We had a very relaxing vacation and loved spending time with all of our wonderful family.  We were sad to leave, but it's always nice to be home and back into our routine.  Now just to get our room addition done so I can sit back and enjoy this ever so fast life. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like yall had a great trip - can't wait to take G to California!!