Friday, February 25, 2011

Mommy & Daddy's Vacay

 Well, we finally did it!!!!  We took a vacation without our duo in tow.  After months of planning and months of emotional preparation we were off to Key West, Fl.  We flew on the largest plane I've ever seen to Miami then on the smallest plane I've ever seen over to Key West.  Key West was a great place to visit with plenty to do and see.  Jeff went deep sea fishing one day (I think that was the highlight of his trip) and caught several shark.  Another night we went on a sunset cruise, which was very beautiful and reminded me of the sunset cruise we went on in Costa Rica for our honeymoon.  I really wanted to rent moped's, but I got out voted, so we settled on a cart to cruise the entire island  to get a glimpse of what it would be like to live there (I'm very thankful we don't!!).  All our other free time was spend drinking daiquiris from Fat Tuesdays (I think I tried just about every combination possible, whee the calories:)), relaxing (which includes a nap everyday), and lots of walking and shopping.  We really enjoyed our time away, but we really missed our babies. 


Luke hoping to come along



Our happy crew
This is what Key West is most know for.

One of Jeff's sharks

While we were gone, Luke and Carter had fun with their Oma.  My mom came to stay with them and she really got a taste of what my life is like (taking care of two is no easy task, not that caring any child is easy).  Mason and Gavin came to stay with them one night and they all went to Peter Piper Pizza one night for Mason's 10th Birthday.  By the time we returned she was definitely tired and ready for a break.  She told me when she left that she wouldn't be back for a very long time.   I guess she has had enough of L&C for a while ;) (really she just doesn't have any more time off for a while). We have plans on going to visit her this summer, so she better rest while she can summer will be here before we know it.   We are so thankful to have such wonderful family that is willing to help with our babies so we can take a break from our busy lives.    Thanks to my mom and everyone who helped while we were gone.
Luke and his special Valentine's breakfast

Their new favorite thing to do.  I guess we will be buying more sand soon.

No comments: