Saturday, February 26, 2011

Musikgarten

Musikgarten is for children newborn to age 7.  It is a fun musical class that consists of play, songs and dance.  I thought it would be good to start getting L&C involved in a class type atmosphere to help them transition to a pre-school.   I stay and participate in the class with them.  I thought that would be a nice way to show them at mommy has to obey the rules as well as Luke and Carter do.  The first few classes didn't go very well.  Carter cried a lot and Luke ran around the room like a wild indian.  I was so embarrassed and almost threw the towel in.  This last we I talked to them everyday about music class and how we are all going to sit like big people and do what the teacher tells us.  We practiced singing the songs and playing the little games.  I couldn't believe the difference in them this week.  Carter walked in and sat all by himself and Luke sat in my lap the whole time.  We sang, played, danced and had fun.  It really felt like a bright moment for me.  To see the progress in them and also to see that consistency does work and they are capable of learning things, it just takes a few tries (*note to mommy :)) 




No comments: