Monday, September 28, 2009

Ready2Run


This past weekend I ran in the Pecan Festival 5k with some of my fellow Stroller Strider's. I joined the running group the host called Ready2Run in works of getting my booty back in shape and shed a few pounds. Well I haven't lost any weight yet, but I have remembered why I ran before. I love the feeling after a long run, or even during the run itself. I have had a really hard time getting back into running, but I think I'm back. After I complete the 3-Day, I am going to join the group again for the White Rock Marathon relay, then maybe I will try for the Cowtown half. We'll see!!!
Here is a pic of our group and then of me, Luke and Carter coming through the finish line. I had to run with the babies last minute.


After the run the babies and I hang out at the festival for a while. One of L&C's cousins, Megan, works for All Star Equestrian. They were there giving horse rides so I decided we should give it a try. Both babies enjoyed their ride and loved seeing Megan. Thanks Megan for helping us with our first horse rides.




3 comments:

Melissa said...

bless your soul...i dont think i could do it pushing the babies! haha. im a sucky runner and totally do not "enjoy" it. BUT maybe we can do some 5K's together sometime, post baby i mean! haha

The Gilbreaths said...

I too really need to loose my baby weight! I've never done one before, but I would love to. Anyways, below is oni in Grand Prairie that I came across earlier today.

(here's the link)http://www.gptexas.com/calendar/

October 10 – 23rd Annual Pumpkin Fun Run, Joe Pool Lake, Grand Prairie. Starts at 8:30 a.m. at Lynn Creek Park, 5700 S. Lake Ridge Parkway, featuring a 10 K run, 5 K run/walk and 1 mile fun run conducted by the Grand Prairie Rotary Club. Activities also include pumpkin decorating, a pancake breakfast and entertainment. Call 972-237-8100 for information.

Mooreeffoc said...

Way to go Jill! You are an inspiration to many :)

They look so cute taking a horse ride. Love those sweet little boys.