Tuesday, April 13, 2010

SAHM

I always envy all the wonderful stay at home mom's that I know. I wish I too could stay home to be with my babies every step of their fast growing life, but I can't. Unfortunately I have to work in order for us to have many of the things we feel we can't live without and do the leisure things in order to help us destress. Luckily, I only have to work part time and luckily I LOVE what I do. Since I only work part time I am able to be a part of some wonderful mom's groups and have time during the week to do my housework and spend extra time with my babies.
For some reason today I realized how much I make a better part time SAHM, rather than a full time one. Our day started out wonderful-a sunny sky, babies slept till 8, a wonderful workout with stroller strides and time at the park with our friends. Once we got home is when it all went down hill. When I say down hill I don't mean the babies, I mean my mommy skills. While lunch was cooking in the oven I went out back to get an estimate on having brick put on our sun room we are in the progress of building. I noticed Carter wasn't out there with us anymore, so I figured he went back into the house to watch TV. I soon came in to check on him to find him in the kitchen with the oven door open and two hot pads on fire inside it. I have to say I'm very luck that it was only hot pads on fire and not my son or my entire house. Another lesson learned for mommy-do not leave baby unattended with oven on (I'm the reason they have the silly warning signs on these products when you buy them).
After this event and either baby eating any of their lunch, I decided it was time for a nap. Luke always has a hard time taking a nap, but today I was determined he was going to sleep. I could hear him play, then cry, then play some more then it was quite. He was out. After 2 1/2 hours, I decided I better go wake him or he wouldn't sleep tonight and this is what I walked into.....



My sweet baby worked his diaper off and was sleeping so soundly he didn't even flinch when I took this photo. Lesson learned to mommy-keep shorts on baby when taking a nap. Or not, maybe I should let him sleep in the nude more often, he sure did nap better today!! His bed was still dry so thank goodness for that. Needless to say, I'm ready to go to work tomorrow so the babies can have a normal day.

3 comments:

Johanna at The Baker Twins said...

Cutest naked napper I've ever seen! Your parenting skills cannot be questioned (you are a great mommy) - you just have two toddlers to keep you on your toes! :)

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Funny stuff!! I'm thankful for moms like you, too! We all have those days. And I'm glad to have you in my "working-mommy" support system:) So glad I finally got to see you all.

CJAS said...

I love the picture of Luke asleep :) Adorable :) You're a wonderful mom and I'm happy to know you and the boys :)