Friday, July 3, 2009

A post without pictures

Bummer!! I hate not having pictures to go with my post, but I have a few things I would like to document, since this blog is basically where I'm keeping track of the babies first year, and share. First Carter and I went on a play date solo. We went to a small play pool with a few of our Stroller Strides friends and had a ball. Carter would crawl out as deep as he could keeping his little head above water, then turn around and go back to the shallower water. I enjoyed following him around and being at his rescue every time he would almost fall under.
Carter and I had another unexpected one on one time today when I had to take him to the doctor. He has been a little crabby and has had a runny nose for the past few days and I noticed him pulling at his ears lately. I decided to take him in this morning for a quick look. Thankfully his ears look wonderful and he just has a small summer cold. No big deal, he doesn't even have fever. I was just afraid if I didn't take him in then every time he would cry I would think his ear is hurting. Glad to know it's not!
Something else I would like to share about Carter-he took two whole steps on his own yesterday. I know walking is still a ways off, but it is still very exciting!! Listen to this story, we were over at Ma maw's visiting and I have been working with both babies on standing on their own and learning balance. They both are getting better at it and think it's funny when they are able to stand for longer than a second, it's now a game. Well Ma maw had Carter and I was sitting in front of him. She stood him on his two little feet, let go of him and off he went. Step 1 then step 2 then he toppled over. I was in such awh with the whole thing I couldn't react quick enough to catch him and then smack he fell right into the coffee table. Bad Mommy!!! I felt horrible, but I was so excited for him. Now we laugh about it and say 'now he won't ever walk'.
Luke has made tons of changes as well. He is in full crawl. Hands and knees now, no more army crawl-sorry Mom. He will climb on anything that is low enough for him to get on, the problem is he can't get himself down. So he will start to cry pleading for help until I get there to get him down. Little stinker!! He also has the famous words 'uh oh' down. Every time something falls he says 'uh uh', that's his version of uh oh. Soo cute!!
Both babies are saying 'mmamama' and 'dada'. Not sure if they understand what they are saying, but we enjoy hearing it. Today I was looking at Carter and I said 'mama', he looked back at me and said 'dada'. Well fine, I see where I stand.
Well thank you for reading my long post without pictures. I say that, cause I like pictures more than words. That is another reason I started this blog is to share all my precious pictures with anyone interested in looking at them.

1 comment:

Mooreeffoc said...

STEPS that is a huge leap. Your days are officially number. These boys will have you shaking and moving before you know it!

I am glad Carter is not sick. Hope you have a happy and safe 4th of July. :)