Monday, December 6, 2010

Mission accomplished!!!! The White Rock Marathon

 I know this is a blog about the Manning Munchkins, but once in a while I feel like posting about other events in our lives.  I feel this one certain event is big enough to make the blog, and honestly I feel I was able to accomplish this goal because of the strength within myself that Luke and Carter have given me .  So I guess this post is still based on my two little monkeys. 
Before the long day--freezing
What mission???  26.2 miles on foot at a faster pace than my normal power walk.  Yep, my friend, Jocalyn, and I set out to complete a marathon and this past weekend all our hard training paid off.  Jocie and I have been running together off and on for over 10 years now.  We have completed many events together, but never a marathon.  Since we had just finished training for a half, we decided now was the best time to get a marathon checked off our bucket list.  Also the fact that we both have very busy toddlers at home and running was a good excuse to spend time with a good friend and be away from our busy homes.  Oh, and don't forget the fact that we both had plans on losing a few more pounds (at least I did) and thought running would be a good way to do just that.  Boy was I wrong!!!  I think I have gained a few.  It's easy to think I just ran 10 miles I can eat anything I want or just the simple fact that my body was starving all the time.  So now that it is over I really need to crack down on my calorie intake. 
All in all the it was an awesome event, but most of all I have some wonderful memories with a wonderful friend. 
NOW--the next time I have a crazy idea like this again, will someone please stop me!!!
No plans for another marathon in my near future, but I'm defiantly in for the Cowtown Half this coming February. 

We ROCKED the Rock!!!!!
Mission Accomplished

2 comments:

Melissa said...

girl do you not ever hear what im saying when it comes to running? Marathons = NUTS! But Im proud of you anyways!!! All my friends are trying to get me to do a half...im a thinking....let me stay in shape for more than one 5K in a year and then maybe we can talk...10K! LOL

Johanna at The Baker Twins said...

I am so impressed with you!