Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Nap Madness

Okay, I have been a bad Mommy and I tried to change that today and the babies were strongly against it. Luke and Carter take their naps in their swings still swaddled and they always sleep great. At our four month appointment Dr. Audrey explained that they need to be taking naps in their beds and NO swaddles. So after thinking about it and mentally getting papered to make the switch I finally attempted it. The reason this is hard is because when you have two babies, I would even think with one, but all I know is two, whatever works is what sticks for the most part. I am strong with my schedule and their sleep and they like sleeping in their swings so I have been fine with that. So today I decided is the day to start. I put them both in their beds with no swaddles and they started screaming. I told myself they will stop soon, they sleep in their beds all night and sometimes start off crying. After a small bit I decided maybe they needed me for some soothing, so I entered to room and they were both whimpering so sadly. I couldn't stand it, I felt so bad. So I scooped them both up, yes at the same time, I can do that now, swaddled them and put them in their swings. As soon as their little heads hit the back of the swings they were out-and slept for 2 1/2 hours. Silly little boys, they are already so determined. I guess I will have to try this another day. Good napping babies.

2 comments:

Dixie said...

Luke is buckled up, but what about Carter?

Mooreeffoc said...

I hated moving from the swings to the bed. You can do it :)