Sunday, January 25, 2009

Our First Attempt at Cereal!




Well I have to say it didn't go as well as I anticipated. I have been preparing for this moment for a while now and we decided it was time. They are sitting fairly well with assistance and they seem very interested in what we are eating, which are all signs that they are ready to start eating themselves. At our play group this week I helped feed one of the girls babies (13 months) and it was quite easy. He took the cereal right off the spoon and swallowed, no bib or clean up needed. So I thought this should be easy, I can handle it. Yeah right!! That baby was 13 months and eating for some bit now, my babies are nearly 6 months and never seen a spoon yet in their lives. Soo... not so easy or fun. Both babies chocked on the mostly liquid cereal and spit the remains out. Luke cried most the time and Carter was blowing cereal raspberries everywhere. All in all we were successful and they did take in a few bites. It's just another new thing, for them and us, and will take some time and practice. Before I know it they will be eating like champs!

2 comments:

Mooreeffoc said...

Oh! Look out for those raspberries! Before you know it mom and dad will be covered in baby food. Wear a protective shield just in case. Just kidding you are doing a great job and they will get the hang of eating before you know it.

Johanna at The Baker Twins said...

They'll get the hang of it. I remember thinking that mine got more on their faces than in their mouths the first few tries. It gets easier, especially when you start feeding them things that have taste! :)