Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Tree of Life




When I was a little girl we had a tree that my dad planted probably before I was born. He took the tree from this grandmothers house in Iowa and planted it. Everyone thought he was crazy for taking the little twig and that it wouldn't ever make it. Well it did and the tree is huge today. Every year when my grandparents from California would come visit they would take our picture by the tree to see how much it's grown over the years. I thought it would be neat to have a tree each for Luke and Carter. My dad and Jeff planted two (at the current time) twigs. I plan on taking a picture each year with each baby in front of his tree. This will be neat to watch the tree and the baby grow.

1 comment:

OMA said...

What fond memories! That little tree was one of about 20 we brought back from Iowa. It is the only one to survive. You should get a recent picture with you and Rabbit in front of the tree now to add to this blog for others to see how well it is doing. And to imagine how big Carter and Luke's trees are going to be. (By the way, you were almost 3 when we brought the trees to Texas.) I love you!! OMA