Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Nine month check up and another visit to the zoo


NINE months--WOW!!! We had our nine month well child exam today and the babies passed. No really-everything did go well. They got one injection today and a little toe prick for blood work (normal routine). Carter now weighs in at 20.2 pounds and my little Luke is chasing his brother at 17.8. Both babies are classified as a little tall and slender. The doctor talked about transitioning them to table food and how to deal with discipline. She also mentioned that our little infants will soon becoming toddlers. Ouch, I'm not sure I'm ready for that term yet. I still find myself saying "I just had a baby", but actually I didn't JUST have a baby, I had them nine months ago. They are closer to being a year old than they are to their birth. Anyway, I look forward to our time with our little toddler, but for now I will enjoy my baby infants.


After our appointment we had yet another day at the zoo. We are really getting our moneys worth with our zoo pass. I really enjoy being outside and I hope the babies get that trait from me. Today we were not only accompanied by our Daddy, but also our cousin, Havin and her mom. It was fun having Havin with us, she always wants to be in control of the cart, aka stroller and I think she must have taken over a hundred pictures of all the animals. Most of the animals were rather lazy today, maybe due to the heat (see picture below), but all in all another good day at the Ft. Worth Zoo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are always so happy. I can't wait to see them again.

Love Oma